Tank Farm Operations Management
This course is designed for officials who work in the Oil and Gas refinery or product storage
facility. It is specifically designed for Oil and Gas Operators, Facilities Managers, Marine
Terminal Managers, Engineers, Safety and Environmental Personnel, Transfer Supervisors
and Oil and Gas Cargo officials.
The processing, transporting and storing of crude oil or refined petroleum products in tank
farms make it imperative for tank farm operators to efficiently manage their inventory and
maximize their return on investment.
Delegates at the end of the programme will be able to:
- Develop good terminal management and handling skills.
- Acquire a comprehensive knowledge of operations & management of oil and oil
- Apply safe practices and procedures during the various operations in terminals
including oil spill contingency and emergency response plans.
- Apply proper planning and scheduling techniques in storage & transfer systems
- Lear International Regulation and Standards for Oil and Gas Terminals.
- Learn different blending techniques
- Do calculation for emissions discharges and dispersion
- Types of stored products properties-Diesel, Crude Oil,, Bitumen, Gasoline, Liquefied
petroleum gases, chemicals, heavy and Light fuel Oil, and other petroleum products.
- Storage of different petroleum products-Crude storage, Refined products storage,
Chemical storage and Gas storage.
- Design and engineering considerations of tanks-API codes and standards
- Safety and Risk-Fire fighting and protection, risk assessment and Management.
- Tank Terminal Operations-Transfer systems, Instrumentations.
- Tank Gauging and Metering
- International Regulation and Requirements for Oil and Gas Marine Terminals-Record
Keeping and Reporting.
- Tank Maintenance and Inspection.
- Water Drainage system and procedure
Duration and Certification
This is a one week programme spread over 5 working days. A certificate of completion is
granted on successful completion of the programme.
Location & Fees
- The programme will be held in Lagos (Nigeria).
- Travel and accommodation to be paid for at source by delegates.
for tuition, materials and certification: N500, 000.00 per delegate for 1 week.