Geophysical Reservoir Characterization
This course is designed to bring practicing Geoscientists to date on recent approaches and
techniques for achieving improved geophysical reservoir characterisation.
The course deals with the various aspects of the traditional approach of exploration
geophysics as well as advanced aspects of reservoir geophysics. It considers the application
of geophysical techniques as tools for refining development strategies and improving
- Carry out geophysical characterization of reservoirs using integrated well log and
- Understand methods of integrating well log and seismic data for the geophysical
characterisation of reservoirs.
- Appreciate and apply latest techniques for seismic inversion.
- Analyze data for estimation of potential reserves.
- Evaluate petrophysical reservoir parameters using well logs
- Apply geostatistical techniques to reservoir analysis
- Make estimates of reserves based on petrophysical and geophysical data
- Use seismic data and seismic attribute analysis to determine reservoir properties.
- Seismic interpretation
- Seismic attributes
- Reserve estimations techniques
- Seismic attributes and seismic inversion techniques.
- 4D Seismic
- The estimation of potential reserves based on geophysical data
- The principles of reservoir analysis from geophysical data
- Fault interpretation
- Depth conversion
- Reservoir geostatistics
- AVO analysis
Duration & Certification
This is a one week programme spread over 5 working days. A certificate of completion is
granted on successful completion of the programme.
Location & Fees
- The programme will be held in Accra (Ghana)
- Travel and accommodation to be paid for at source by delegates
Course fees for tuition, materials and certification: N500, 000.00 per delegate for 1 week.