Essentials of Petroleum Technology
This course will provide the participants with an integrated view of the oil and gas
production and related facilities during the life of the reservoir. It will present an
overview/fundamental understanding of the wide range of oilfield production handling and
Delegates will at the end of the course be better able to:
- Gain an overall knowledge of various hydrocarbon production processes from the
time a reservoir is discovered to end users
- Understand the role of the petroleum/reservoir engineer in optimizing recovery
- Familiarize with various surface and sub-surface equipment and processing
facilities used in a typical oil & gas field.
- Gain a general knowledge about health, safety and environmental issues.
- Understand the role of petroleum economics in evaluating field development
- Energy types and global statistics (oil and gas reserves, production, export,
- Upstream operations – reservoir types, exploring for oil and gas, seismic technology.
- Drilling exploration well – (directional drilling and offshore drilling),
- Well testing and completion, well simulation and work over, rock and fluid
- Artificial lift method, recovery mechanism, reservoir simulation and surface facilities.
- Corrosion protection, the role of technology & health and safety environment
Duration & Certification
This is a one week programme spread over 5 working days. A certificate of completion is
granted on successful completion of the programme.
Location & Fees
- The programme will be held in Accra (Ghana)
- Travel and accommodation to be paid for at source by delegates
Course fees for tuition, materials and certification: N500, 000.00 per delegate for 1 week.